- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Cantor: House May Cancel Recess
Posted at 11:37 a.m. on Sept. 12, 2013
Updated 12: 19 p.m. | The recess planned for the last week of September may be canceled to deal with fiscal issues, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said on the floor Thursday.
The announcement came in his weekly colloquy with Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer, D-Md., and after House leaders had to postpone their plans to pass a stopgap spending bill to avoid a government shutdown this week.
Hoyer noted that he has been telling his members to keep their schedules in reserve for that week just in case.
“I’m pleased to see the majority leader is putting the House on notice,” he said.
The Senate is already scheduled to be in session the final week of September.