- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Dingell Has ‘Minimally Invasive’ Heart Procedure in Detroit Hospital (Updated)
Posted at 8:54 a.m. on March 13
Updated 12:55 p.m. | Rep. John D. Dingell underwent a “minimally invasive” heart procedure today at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit and is “resting comfortably,” according to his office.
“He recently developed atrial fibrillation, and the procedure will seek to find the source of the abnormal heart rhythm and correct it. He is expected to stay in the hospital overnight and be released Friday,” his office said in a statement.
The Michigan Democrat plans to have a light workload during next week’s recess and plans to return to work when Congress reconvenes March 24.