- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Former Congresswoman Selected as Cuomo Running Mate
Posted at 4:45 p.m. on May 21
New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has chosen former Democratic Congresswoman Kathy Hochul to be his 2014 running mate Wednesday afternoon.
Cuomo announced Hochul as his choice for lieutenant governor in a video message at the Democratic convention on Long Island, according to multiple New York media reports.
Hochul was elected to Congress in a 2011 special election to fill the seat vacated by GOP Rep. Chris Lee, who resigned amid a shirtless scandal. Hochul’s election in the Republican western New York district was one of the first races for the House Majority PAC, which works to elect Democratic House members. However, Hochul lost her seat the following year to GOP Rep. Chris Collins.