- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Gohmert: Judges Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage Need ‘Plumbing Lessons’
Posted at 12:41 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2014
Former judge and current Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas has some advice for federal judges ruling on same sex-marriage cases: get some “basic plumbing lessons.”
Gohmert was discussing recent rulings legalizing same-sex marriage when he summed up the decisions of judges as saying, “‘Basically, we haven’t seen any biological evidence to support marriage being between a man and a woman.'”
To that legal explanation, Gohmert said those judges “need some basic plumbing lessons.”
The comment came during a monthly conversations with conservatives event hosted by the Heritage Foundation.