- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Hoyer Tries to Pin Cantor Down on Immigration Reform (Video)
Posted at 7:16 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2013
Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer on Thursday tried to get an answer from Majority Leader Eric Cantor on when Republicans would bring up an immigration overhaul.
While Hoyer criticized Republicans for not bringing up their own piecemeal legislation for a vote on the House floor, the Virginia Republican repeatedly tried to shift the conversation to the President’s healthcare law. The Maryland Democrat was unbowed, however, even as he acknowleged and mocked the Republicans’ opposition to Obamacare.
The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee said last month that immigration reform would happen in late 2014.