- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
- Rand Paul in for the 'Long Haul' — But Can He Make It That Far?
- Parties Play Politics With FEC Complaints
- Illinois Congressional Candidate Scores Axelrod Endorsement
Hoyer Tries to Pin Cantor Down on Immigration Reform (Video)
Posted at 7:16 p.m. on Dec. 5, 2013
While Hoyer criticized Republicans for not bringing up their own piecemeal legislation for a vote on the House floor, the Virginia Republican repeatedly tried to shift the conversation to the President’s healthcare law. The Maryland Democrat was unbowed, however, even as he acknowleged and mocked the Republicans’ opposition to Obamacare.
The chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee said last month that immigration reform would happen in late 2014.