- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Members-Only Classified Syria Briefing Set for Sunday
Posted at 1:44 p.m. on Aug. 31, 2013
The office of Speaker John A. Boehner informed congressional offices today that a classified, members-only briefing on Syria is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, according to an email obtained by CQ Roll Call. A classified assessment is also available to lawmakers this weekend in the secure office of the House Intelligence Committee.
And Boehner has not ruled out calling lawmakers back early to address Syria. The Senate’s No. 2 Republican, John Cornyn of Texas, released a statement Saturday asking Obama to call lawmakers back for a vote on whether to authorize force against Syria.