- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Update: McAllister’s Request for FBI Probe One Option
Posted at 8:52 a.m. on April 9, 2014
Updated, 10:18 a.m. | Rep. Vance McAllister’s Washington staff said Wednesday that asking the FBI to investigate the leak of a video that has landed the freshman congressman in an infidelity scandal is one of several options the Louisiana Republican is weighing.
The News Star, the congressman’s home-town newspaper in Monroe, La., reported that McAllister planned to send a letter Wednesday morning to Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, asking that the FBI open an investigation into who leaked the surveillance camera video.
But the congressman’s communications director, Jennifer Dunagin, said the decision to appeal to the speaker has not yet been made.
“At this point, there has not been a letter sent to Speaker Boehner,” she told CQ Roll Call. “Right now, the congressman is exploring the option. This security breach is something that warrants an investigation, but how we go about doing that is yet to be determined.”
Read The News Star story here.