- McConnell Campaign Manager Quits Amid Scandal
- Obama Weighs Delay in Action on Immigration
- Judge Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law
- Neck-and-Neck in Arkansas
- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
Republicans Decline Invite to Farm Bill Signing
Posted at 1:05 p.m. on Feb. 7
The White House invited 50 members of Congress from both sides of the aisle to travel aboard Air Force One to the farm bill signing in Michigan, but no Republicans accepted, Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Friday.
“This was a bipartisan effort and everyone involved in it deserves credit,” Carney said, adding that reporters would have to ask lawmakers why they declined to go on the trip with the president.