- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
- Even Brownback's Poll Shows a Toss Up
- McConnell Pledges No Government Shutdown
- Schauer Pulls Ahead in Michigan
State of the Union Set for Jan. 28
Posted at 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 13, 2013
President Barack Obama has accepted Speaker John A. Boehner’s invitation to deliver the State of the Union address on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
The speech will come a couple of weeks after the deadline for Congress to pass a spending bill to keep the government open, and will occur nearly a month into the rollout of health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act. It also will give the president perhaps his best chance to recharge and refocus his stalled agenda in Congress.
One item sure to be a focus: an immigration overhaul, the president’s top priority and one Press Secretary Jay Carney said Friday the president remains “confident” would become law.