- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Stutzman Enters Whip Race, Complicating Scalise Chances
Posted at 11:16 a.m. on June 12
Rep. Marlin Stutzman of Indiana will run for majority whip, complicating a race that had so far been a heated head-to-head battle between Chief Deputy Whip Peter Roskam of Illinois and Republican Study Committee Chairman Steve Scalise of Louisiana.
Stutzman is the only member of the historic 2010 class running for leadership after the surprise primary upset of Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia, which sent the GOP leadership structure into disarray.
Stutzman is close with House conservatives, which could dip into the constituency Scalise is counting on to vote for him in order to best Roskam. Scalise rubbed many of them the wrong way when he upset their preferred candidate, Rep. Tom Graves of Georgia, to become Republican Study Committee chairman.