- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
1789 Summer Tasting Menu Starts Back Up
Posted at 5:22 p.m. on June 3, 2013
Good news for those who love the food at 1789 Restaurant (1226 36th St. NW) but not necessarily the prices.
The venerable Georgetown restaurant’s summer tasting menu is back, starting tonight. Fifty bucks will get each person in your party a four-course tasting menu. The special, which goes until Sept. 13, is good Monday through Friday nights, and is a great way for mere mortals (Hill staffers, junior account executives, fellow journalists) to sample some sweet fare.