- Long List of Possible Barbara Mikulski Successors
- Mikulski Will Not Seek Another Term (Updated)
- Russ Feingold, Joe Sestak and the Improbable Senate Race Rematch
- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
Are Your Kids Smart? Find Out Tonight at Hill Center
Posted at 10:29 a.m. on Sept. 24, 2013
Journalist Amanda Ripley reads from and discusses her new book, “The Smartest Kids in the World” tonight at Hill Center DC.
Ripley’s book stacks up the research about how U.S. kids stack up against their industrialized world peers and also follows three American teens as they embark on foreign exchange programs in Finland, South Korea and Poland. For anyone puzzled by the U.S. education system, or concerned about how their own kids fit into it, it sounds like an interesting read.
Ripley will sign copies of her book. It, as well as beer, wine and snacks, will be on sale in Hill Center’s Abraham Lincoln Hall at 921 Pennsylvania Ave. SE. Sponsored by the folks at Young Education Professionals-DC, it all starts at 7 p.m. and lasts until about 8:30 p.m. Five bucks gets you in. You’re on your own for a book or beer. To purchase tickets, go to Eventbrite.