- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
Summer Outdoor Movies’ Nemesis: Rain
Posted at 3:01 p.m. on July 11, 2013
Summer brings out outdoor movie-going season, and Washington has its fair share of great venues. But there’s always a risk, as was demonstrated Wednesday night when “Bridesmaids” at NoMa Summer Screen was rained out.
Food trucks bailed, viewers sought shelter under the railroad overpass bridge on K Street in between First and Second streets Northeast. Lucky for all involved, there are several opportunities in the weeks ahead for outdoor movies, which Roll Call After Dark will be addressing more in-depth in posts to come.
In the meantime, NoMa Summer Screen has rescheduled “Bridesmaids” for Aug. 21. Food trucks scheduled for that night include Fojol Bros., Popped Republic, Takorean and Curbside Cupcakes.