- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
Burning Atlanta, or How the Braves Learned to Stop Worrying and Torch Old Glory
Posted at 3:12 p.m. on April 9
It’s bad enough that Justin Upton of the Atlanta Braves refuses to field balls in the outfield. Now his team burns flags at their home stadium.
According to Deadspin, the soon-to-be Cobb County Braves let Old Glory get too close to their fireworks display and — Boom! — some distasteful but constitutionally protected flamboyance occurred.