- 'Mistake' to Oust Hussein, Paul Says in Brooklyn
- Laura Capps Won't Seek Mother's Seat in California
- Hillary Rodham Romney? Keep an Eye on O'Malley (Video)
- Tester's DSCC Pursues Same Strategy That Nearly Nixed Him in 2006
- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
Posts in "You’ve Got Hate!"
April 10, 2014
Atlanta Braves fans rise up to defend their own! Justin Upton might be outfielder non grata in Washington, but he can take heart his aficionados will defend his right to not try. Also? Team die-hards are determined to shrug off Turner Field’s torching of Old Glory this week.
After the soon-to-be Cobb County Braves accidentally lit a giant American flag on fire with some ill-placed fireworks, the Internet lit up, too, including photos and snarky comments about the Braves’ patriotic conflagration. This included Roll Call After Dark, an unabashed Washington Nationals fan, who also took the opportunity to needle the Braves and their left fielder for an on-field foible that, while within the rules, was just kind of wimpy and an overly technocratic reading of the rules.
In an email received shortly after After Dark’s post went live with the subject line “Justin Upton and the Braves,” one reader stated: Full story