- U.S. Refused to Pay Ransom for Slain Journalist
- States Increasingly Voting Along National Trends
- Supreme Court Puts Hold on Same-Sex Marriages in Virginia
- Six Races Will Decide Control of the Senate
D.C. Noshes Its Way to Livability.com’s Foodie List
Posted at 11:47 a.m. on June 17
It’s good to know all this eating isn’t going to waste: Washington, D.C., has landed itself on Livability.com’s list of Top Ten Foodie Cities for 2014.
Livability, the list-tastic media venture that loves to compile best downtowns, kid-friendly places and etc., likes to spread the wealth around in the list of Foodie fave towns and cities. In previous iterations, they kept the criteria to smaller cities and highlighted places that wouldn’t necessarily survive a head-to-head matchup with, say, New Orleans. In their 2013, list, for example, nearby Alexandria, Va., was on the list.
Roll Call’s own Warren Rojas can vouch for how much folks in D.C. like to eat. Check out some of his own coverage in our Hill Life Food and Drink Archive.
This year, Livability’s foodie-ranking criteria included the following:
• Frequency that residents eat at local restaurants
• Amount that residents spend on food
• Access to healthy food options
• Number of farmers markets
• Number of restaurants
• James Beard Foundation Award winners
So here’s to D.C. Now go out and eat something!