- Top Democratic Campaign Staffers Chart 2016 Paths
- Ex-Rep. Brad Schneider Inches Closer to Rematch in Illinois
- Democrat Back for Rematch With Freshman Republican
- DCCC Robocalls Target GOP on DHS Funding
- Pat Toomey Is a Strong Candidate. Will That Be Enough in 2016?
Davey’s Greatest Hits, Courtesy of WaPo’s James Wagner
Posted at 2:57 p.m. on Oct. 2, 2013
Washington Post baseball writer James Wagner has put together his favorite quotes from outgoing Washington Nationals manager Davey Johnson in the two-and-half years Johnson’s been the Nats skipper.
It’s a great collection that shows how canny, salty and funny Johnson can be, especially when it comes to Bryce Harper or Jayson Werth. Maybe the best from the set: ““Well none of my guys could, ’cause we can’t score.” That was Davey, reacting to the news that the Boston Red Sox’s Mike Napoli was dating a porn star. The team was in the midst of an offensive drought.
Like I said, salty.