- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Don’t Look For Preakness BYOB Anytime Soon
Posted at 11:22 a.m. on May 20, 2013
For anyone hoping that the Maryland Jockey Club would reconsider its policy banning BYOB from the Pimlico infield party at the Preakness Stakes, forget it.
Although attendance slumped a wee bit in 2009, the first year of the “no BYOB” policy, attendance at last weekend’s 138th Preakness was 117,203, the fourth-highest crowd ever for the race, according to Blood Horse.
That was slightly down from last year’s record attendance of 121,309. Those are big-time crowds buying their booze at the track, hardly motivation to allow the Freakness crowds to bring their own again.