- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Drink at Pour House, So Others Might Eat
Posted at 3:44 p.m. on June 20, 2013
Now that the farm bill has gone down in flames on the House floor, it’s on to the next competitive venture on Capitol Hill: Democrats and Republicans seeing who can buy more booze, with the proceeds going to So Others Might Eat, a local nonprofit attempting to address homelessness.
Starting at 6 p.m. tonight and going until 9 p.m. at the venerable Capitol Hill watering hole (319 Pennsylvania Ave. SE), SOME will be hosting its second annual “bartending for tips competition,” where chiefs of staff from both sides of the aisle will compete for tips, with the proceeds going to SOME’s affordable housing programs.
Now, we guess technically, you don’t have to drink to tip a bartender and send cash to help the homeless. You could just throw the money on the bar. But where’s the fun in that?
Drink up, Capitol Hill!