- Tim Scott Lauds Possible Lindsey Graham 2016 Campaign
- Top GOP Ad-Maker Recovering From Cardiac Arrest
- Why Even Democrats Love Talking About Joni Ernst
- Democrats Court Ex-Congressman for Rematch
- Senators Confirm Re-Election Bids for 2016
Drink at Pour House, So Others Might Eat
Posted at 3:44 p.m. on June 20, 2013
Now that the farm bill has gone down in flames on the House floor, it’s on to the next competitive venture on Capitol Hill: Democrats and Republicans seeing who can buy more booze, with the proceeds going to So Others Might Eat, a local nonprofit attempting to address homelessness.
Starting at 6 p.m. tonight and going until 9 p.m. at the venerable Capitol Hill watering hole (319 Pennsylvania Ave. SE), SOME will be hosting its second annual “bartending for tips competition,” where chiefs of staff from both sides of the aisle will compete for tips, with the proceeds going to SOME’s affordable housing programs.
Now, we guess technically, you don’t have to drink to tip a bartender and send cash to help the homeless. You could just throw the money on the bar. But where’s the fun in that?
Drink up, Capitol Hill!