- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Free Beer! Czech it Out
Posted at 9:37 a.m. on June 12, 2013
The folks over at the West End Cinema are continuing their Czech Film Festival this week, and tonight’s screening of “Men in Hope” by Jiri Vejdelek comes with a free beer, courtesy of festival sponsor Staropramen beer.
Anyone who thinks the Germans are nutty about beer have yet to experience the special relationship the Czechs have with it. At any rate, the movie looks like a light-hearted hoot, and it probably goes down even better with a free brew.
Hunter S. Thompson once famously said, “Buy the ticket, take the ride.” At the West End (2301 M Street NW) tonight at 7 p.m., you can buy the ticket, drink the beer.