- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
Granville Moore’s Preps Moules Eating Contest
Posted at 4:58 p.m. on July 16, 2013
Mussels haven Granville Moore’s is courting the competitive eating set, throwing down the gauntlet for those who believe they can slurp down 24 ounces of beer-spiked grub in record time.
The debut Mussel Eating Contest is scheduled to take place from 9:30 p.m. till whenever the first of the 12 official competitors wipes the floor with the other contestants. Contenders can sign up via email (email@example.com) or attempt to show up at the bar (1238 H St. NE) before 9 p.m. Wednesday and declare their intention to mass consume.
The winner — that’d be the first person to wolf down a full pound of mussels steamed in Brewery Ommegang’s Belgian-style suds, maul four ounces of French baguette AND drain the corresponding bowl of all the boozy broth — will receive a $50 gift certificate to the restaurant as well as a 750 milliliter bottle of Ommegang’s 15th anniversary brew.
There’s nothing like scarfing down near-boiling seafood as the mercury pushes 100 degrees …