- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Great Timing for New WikiLeaks Documentary
Posted at 3:39 p.m. on May 15, 2013
Talk about great timing! Alex Gibney’s new documentary, “We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks” is set for release later this month, coming out just as the firestorm over the Justice Department’s secret acquisition of Associated Press telephone records brings First Amendment issues into the public consciousness.
Gibney has a knack for exploring hot-button political topics and personalities, whether it’s his nonfiction films about extraordinary rendition “Taxi to the Dark Side,” Washington’s lobbying culture and Jack Abramoff, “Casino Jack and the United States of Money,” or Eliot Spitzer’s downfall as governor of New York, “Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer.”
“We Steal Secrets” opens in New York and Los Angeles on May 24 and in Washington on May 31.