- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Know Your Birch Beers!
Posted at 9:23 a.m. on May 27, 2013
OUTSIDE HERSEY, Pa. — When it comes to birch beer, that quintessential of Pennsylvania soft drinks, I knew about regular old brownish birch beer and red birch beer. I even knew about golden birch beer (from a stop at Wert’s Cafe in Allentown, Pa., years ago) and had heard rumors of blue birch beer. But white birch beer was a whole new world until stopping at a rest stop somewhere off I-81 and purchasing a Frozen Run Birch Beer from a vending machine.
It’s “one of the more harder-to-find and sweeter Pennsylvania Birch Beers out there,” according to Soda Finder.