- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
- Rand Paul in for the 'Long Haul' — But Can He Make It That Far?
Mark Leibovich Reads ‘This Town’ Tonight in This Town
Posted at 10:28 a.m. on July 23, 2013
Mark Leibovich heads into the belly of the beast tonight.
The New York Times Magazine scribe brings his portrait of Washington, “This Town: Two Parties and a Funeral — Plus, Plenty of Valet Parking! — in America’s Gilded Capital,” to the bookstore most affiliated with the landed gentry he skewers, Politics and Prose.
Since review copies and choice excerpts from “This Town” started leaking out, D.C.’s schadenfreude-industrial complex has been humming along in overdrive. If you’ve ever been snubbed by Tammy Haddad, this book is just the stiff drink you’re looking for.
Even if you’ve read the tome or are tired of the navel-gazing that it wrought, it should be worth going to the event just to see if Haddad or Valerie Jarrett shows up to heckle him. There is that hope, especially when the bookstore announces that “beer and wine will be available.”
Free. 7 p.m. at 5015 Connecticut Ave. NW.