- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
- Eric Cantor Emerges From Defeat to Back Jeb Bush in Virginia
- Former Senate Colleagues Could See Biden as President
- Rand Paul in for the 'Long Haul' — But Can He Make It That Far?
Remington’s, Another Old-School Capitol Hill Bar, Bites the Dust
Posted at 4:35 p.m. on April 8, 2014
What in the name of Larry Craig is going on here? Remington’s, a long-time establishment on Capitol Hill at 639 Pennsylvania Ave. SE and iconic gay bar, is closing up shop, Prince of Petworth reports.
Remington’s will pour its last shot on Monday during happy hour, an abrupt ending for a place that’s been around for three decades.
The one-time country-western themed dive joins a long list of old favorites on the Hill that are going the way of the dodo, such as the Li’l Pub and Pour House, and a list of endangered spots by the bankruptcy proceedings swirling around Barracks Row Entertainment, whose holdings include the Hawk n’ Dove, Boxcar Tavern and Chesapeake Room, among others.
Make no mistake: This is the global warming of Capitol Hill drinking spots: Rapid change followed by unknown future.