- Braley Trails in Iowa Democratic Strongholds
- Christie Says He's Tired of Hearing About the Minimum Wage
- 'Mr. President, Don't Touch My Girlfriend'
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Gardner Leads in Colorado
Rock & Roll Hotel Turning Japanese With Movie Offerings
Posted at 6:14 p.m. on May 7
Drinking/music venue Rock & Roll Hotel is offering a slate of Sunday night movies on their rooftop deck, and, perhaps inspired by The Vapors’ “Turning Japanese,” they’re going with a Japan-animation-themed slate.
Last week, they went with “Akira,” and this week are going with “Ninja Scroll.” For the May 18 show, it’ll be Hayao Miyazaki’s “Princess Mononoke,” and on the 25th it’ll be “Ghost in the Shell.”
Food and drink specials available throughout shows that start at 7 p.m. and repeat at 9 p.m. on an eight-foot projection screen. You’re also welcome to bring your own comfy seating to 1353 H St. NE.