- Internal Poll Shows Cresent Hardy Leading Potential Challengers
- Hassan Waits to Choose Her Adventure in New Hampshire
- Larry Kudlow Says He Would Challenge Blumenthal Over Iran Deal
- DSCC Talking to Potential Burr Challengers in North Carolina
- Drowning in Weak Polling, How Long Can Lindsey Graham Stay in 2016 Race?
Roll Call After Dark Nosh of the Week: Captain Cookie’s Ice Cream Sandwich
Posted at 5:07 p.m. on Sept. 2, 2014
Summer’s latest loosing of heat and sun is a vivid reminder of the importance of eating ice cream. Captain Cookie & the Milkman food truck provides a tasty ice cream delivery system: two cookies of your choice with an ice cream of your choice in between. A sandwich, if you please.
On this particular hot day in the capital, a chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream and a Nutella cookie was the way to go. Other combinations could have included chocolate ice cream, black cherry ice cream or apple ice cream and snickerdoodle, peanut butter or oatmeal raisin cookies. Like Lake Wobegon, all the cookie and ice cream combos are above average.
Captain Cookie’s two food trucks dish it up at lunchtime hours at rotating sites. To check their locations, check out their website or Twitter feed. On a scorching late summer day, you can eat Captain Cookie’s ice cream sandwiches forever.