- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
- Several Ohio Democrats Considering Senate Primary
- Democrats Set National Convention Date for 2016
- First Race Ratings for Gubernatorial Contests Revealed
- Democrats Could Face Primary Mess in Illinois Senate Race
Rose’s Luxury Gets High Marks
Posted at 6:43 p.m. on Oct. 23, 2013
The Barracks Row restaurant boomlet continues, and at least one newbie, Rose’s Luxury, has gotten some props from Roll Call’s own Warren Rojas, our dining critic and Heard on the Hill scribe.
The establishment, Rojas writes in his latest Food Court column, has “a much more intimate feel via a funky, come-as-you-are environment,” compared to the area’s mainstays like Ted’s Bulletin and Matchbox. The Washington Post’s Tom Sietsema had nice words recently, as well: “Almost everything that follows the freebies gives us the sense that Washington is gaining another dining sensation.”
As a denizen of the area and a frequent diner on Barracks Row, any deviation from the norm is welcome on this Capitol Hill strip, which has begun to feel a little overdone and overcrowded.