- Exclusive: DSCC Hires National Political Director, Press Secretary
- First Look: Can Democrats Win the Senate in 2016?
- Democrats Lose Candidate and Hope in New York Special Election
- DCCC Announces Final Fundraising, Debt Figures for 2014
- Renee Ellmers May Face Primary Challenge
Hard Times for Capitol Hill Bars
Posted at 6:37 p.m. on April 1, 2014
It’s been a brutal few months for bar crawlers around Capitol Hill.
First, the diviest of dives, the Li’l Pub, closed its doors, ceding the battle to the CVS next door.
Then the news broke that the Pour House, that font of kitschy sports bar badness, is closing its doors at the end of April.
Then over the weekend, the Wall Street Journal reported that the owners of several Capitol Hill watering holes, Barracks Row Entertainment, was filing for bankruptcy. Depending on how things turn out, this could affect the Hawk ‘n’ Dove, Senart’s Oyster House, The Chesapeake Room, Park Tavern, Boxcar Tavern, Lola’s Barracks Bar & Grill, Molly Malone’s, Pacifico Cantina and the not-yet-open Willie’s Brew and ‘Que.
Yipes. If you’ve got a favorite bar out there, better support it while you can.