- Democrats Announce Finalists for 2016 Convention (Updated)
- Bill Cassidy Utilizes Weekly GOP Address, Again
- What Did — and Didn't — Surprise Me This Cycle
- Roger Wicker Looks for Fast Start at NRSC
- New DCCC Chairman Rides on Air Force One
The Capital’s Last Gasp of Easy Dining
Posted at 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, 2013
Yes, Congress is coming back in dribs and drabs this week for classified briefings and meetings here and there about the situation in Syria. But it is still technically recess, and people still have to eat, and this all makes it still a good time to head to an establishment that’s normally booked to the nostrils for an easier lunch or dinner.
A look at Open Table this afternoon reveals all sorts of crowd favorite/zeitgeisty places to snag a reservation. How about a 7:15 p.m. for two at Le Diplomate? Done. What about the same time and party at Zaytinya? Sure thing. How’s about Smith Commons at 7 p.m. for two? No problem.
You get the point. Head to the places that are normally mobbed before the mob returns in full to Washington.