- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
The Good Timing Morrison Brothers Band — 9:30 Club Tonight
Posted at 11 a.m. on July 11, 2013
The musical legacy of Washington D.C. is appropriately steeped in the culture of go-go and hardcore punk. But the capital area’s bluegrass, country and blues history is frequently overlooked, even though the region has a strong connection with bands such as the Nighthawks and the Seldom Scene.
Skeptical? Fair enough, if country-fried smiles aren’t exactly your thing. But when’s the last time you heard a decent song celebrating a hangover, as in the Mo Bro’s “Every Little Sunday.” Think of it as the counterweight to Kris Kristofferson’s harrowing “Sunday Morning Coming Down.”
They’ll be playing with Jenny Leigh and Paul Pfau. $20 to get in. Doors at 7 p.m.