- Democrat Eyes Rematch in West Virginia's 2nd District
- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
The Thrilla in Northwest D.C.
Posted at 4:51 p.m. on May 20, 2013
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN …
When thinking of the great boxing venues of our time, the University of the District of Columbia in Northwest D.C. comes up well behind the MGM Grand in Las Vegas or Madison Square Garden in New York. But UDC hosted an All-In Entertainment set of bouts on Saturday night, our CQ Roll Call colleague Gautham Nagesh wrote on the boxing news site Stiff Jab.
According to Nagesh, the night had its share of problems. There was a power outage, and four of the scheduled fights weren’t completed, but “None of that mattered. To the nearly 3,000 fans that packed the auditorium, it was a night at the fights, a moment to be savored regardless of the complications.”
So add UDC to the fight venues in town, joining the Convention Center and the Armory.