- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Tripping With Paul Theroux
Posted at 4:07 p.m. on May 21, 2013
Adventurers and the travel-adled will want to check out Politics and Prose tonight, where writer Paul Theroux will discuss his latest book, “The Last Train to Zona Verde: My Ultimate African Safari.”
Theroux, one of the world’s foremost travel chroniclers and the author of nonfiction classics such as “The Old Patagonian Express” and novels including “The Mosquito Coast,” first went to Africa as a young Peace Corps volunteer. This latest book, he says, is a chronicle of what will be his last trip to the continent.
Theroux reads at 7:00 p.m. and will sign books afterward at 5015 Connecticut Ave. NW.