- Freshman Class Filled With Losers
- Democrats Look for Comebacks From Members Ousted in 2010
- Kelly Ward Will Stay on as DCCC Executive Director
- Congressman to Consider John McCain Primary Challenge
- Josh Holmes, the Mastermind of Team Mitch
WaPo’s ‘Cap’N Tugg’ Obit Is a Peek Into Weird DC
Posted at 12:59 p.m. on Jan. 30
The Washington Post’s obituary of Lee Reynolds, a local actor who starred in a children’s television show “Cap’N Tugg,” is a great snapshot of a District of Columbia not defined entirely by politics.
Cap’n Tugg was a sort of live version of Popeye, except Cap’n Tugg piloted the treacherous waters of the Potomac River in his tugboat. Oh, and Reynolds played all the other parts of the low-budget show, including a parrot called Fantail and Tugg’s arch nemesis, Capt. Flash Flood.