- Supreme Court Blocks Extension of Ohio Early Voting
- No Ruling on Kansas Democrats Picking Candidate
- Intruder Made It Deeper Into White House
- Senate Race in Kansas is a Toss Up
- Dead Heat for Massachusetts Governor
Why Is Alcohol Riding the Rap for Cocaine?
Posted at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 19, 2013
Is alcohol going to keep taking the heat for public figures getting busted for cocaine?
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was the first to finger the drink, admitting he smoked crack cocaine “probably in one of my drunken stupors.”
Then the news broke Tuesday that Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., had been arrested on charges of cocaine possession in the District on Oct. 29. Radel released a statement blaming the booze.
“I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice,” Radel said.
Isn’t it time cocaine moneyed up and took some of the blame?