- McDonnell Apologizes for Taking Gifts and Money
- Rubio Hints at Government Shutdown Over Immigration
- Close Three-Way Senate Race in Kansas
- Police Union Won't Back Democratic Convention in Brooklyn
- Is Obamacare Helping Some GOP Governors?
‘Wipeout’ Race Comes to Washington This Weekend
Posted at 4:13 p.m. on Aug. 9, 2013
Remember “Wipeout” — the reality game show series in which contestants competed in the “world’s largest obstacle course”? Well, Washington has taken the concept to another level. ROC Race is a VAVi production that combines a 5K course with game show-inspired obstacles to give you the craziest run ever. Just like the show it will feature:
- World’s Largest Inflatable Slide
- Wrecking Ball
- World’s Largest Moon Bounce
- Belly Flop Drop
- Tarzan Swing
- Tight Rope Traverse
- Get It Up (And Over)
- Gorilla Bars
- Aqua Drag
- Tire Mile
The craziness will start up Saturday at RFK Stadium, with the first wave going out at 8 a.m. All the morning slots are full, but if you and your team still want to test your prowess, the afternoon slots, which start at noon, still have openings.
After the competition, the organizers have arranged for some music, a beer garden and some food.
The proceeds are going to Miriam’s Kitchen, an organization in the District that works to end chronic homelessness. Go out and have a good time, test your endurance and know you’re supporting a worthy organization.