- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
You Are Getting Hungary, Very Hungary at the Folklife Festival
Posted at 9:50 a.m. on June 18, 2013
The Smithsonian Folklife Festival is just over a week away, but the preparations on the National Mall are under way in earnest.
This year’s three mainstays are “Hungarian Heritage;” “One World, Many Voices,” about endangered languages and culture, and “The Will to Adorn,” about African American style and identity. The festival runs from June 26-June 30 and July 3-July 7.
The organizers likely are having to build in some preparation time because of this ridiculous weather (Hot! Rainy! Cold! Beautiful! Overcast!). But as long as they save us some goulash at the Hungarian tent, we’re good.