- Long List of Possible Barbara Mikulski Successors
- Mikulski Will Not Seek Another Term (Updated)
- Russ Feingold, Joe Sestak and the Improbable Senate Race Rematch
- CPAC Campaign Boot Camp Trains GOP to Catch Up
- Ex-House Candidate Will Take Top Role in Likely Clinton Campaign
Meet the New Boss at Demos | Downtown Moves
Posted at 7:07 p.m. on Jan. 27, 2014
Demos, the left-of-center economics think tank, announced Monday it has a new president, Heather C. McGhee. McGhee, currently Demos’ vice president of policy and outreach, starts March 10 and replaces Miles Rapoport, who is leaving the organization to head up Common Cause.
If, as expected, Democrats make income inequality a major issue in the coming year, McGhee fits into the mold of an ally. The release announcing her appointment features praise from such progressive movement heroes as Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and union leaders such as AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Mary Kay Henry, international president of the Service Employees International Union.
One thing’s for sure: McGhee’s not afraid to mix it up, appearing on cable shows including “The O’Reilly Factor” with the O Man himself:
Want to see more political commentary and opinion stories like this? Sign up for Roll Call's Thought Leaders Newsletter – delivered daily to your inbox!