- Dan Donovan Wins Special Election to Succeed Michael Grimm
- Grimm's N.Y. District Stays in Republican Hands
- Senate Races, Pro Salaries and Perspective on Spending
- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
Opinion Duel: CQ Roll Call Moderates Debate on Climate Change
Posted at 8:53 a.m. on May 14, 2014
In the second installment of The Purple Network’s “Opinion Duel,” Roll Call Editor-in-Chief Christina Bellantoni moderated a discussion with Charles C. W. Cooke, from National Review and The Nation’s Zoë Carpenter over the widely debated topic of climate change. Carpenter and Cooke discussed whether anything is being done to address climate issues and how this debate has shifted the political landscape. They also detailed the industry’s “big money” in politics and how it sways popular opinion.
Is the executive branch’s involvement in regulating energy standards the only way to change energy production? Led by Bellantoni, Carpenter and Cooke discuss. Watch below:
You can watch the first installment of “Opinion Duel,” discussing the Keystone XL pipeline, here.
The Purple Network is a partnership which strives to deliver content from all sides of the ideological divide to inform the whole spectrum of politically engaged thought leaders.