- Citizens United Case Helped Elect More Republicans
- House Republicans Don't Expect Government Shutdown
- Christie Makes Mexico Trip as Foreign Policy Test
- Franken Maintains Lead in Minnesota
- Senator's Refusal to Resign Changed South Dakota Politics
The Best (or Worst) of Congress in 2013 (Video)
Posted at 2:58 p.m. on Dec. 23, 2013
The first session of the 113th Congress — the least productive in modern times — will be remembered for what it did, and did not, accomplish.
An immigration overhaul, gun control and health care mixed with “calves the size of cantaloupes,” “Alice in Wonderland” and cocaine. Together, it is the best and worst of the year that was, wrapped into one.