- Veteran GOP Fundraiser Moves On After 37 Years
- Will Russ Feingold Be Haunted by Campaign Problems Past?
- McSally Win Gives Republicans Another House Seat (Updated)
- N.H. Democrats Prep Kelly Ayotte Challenge
- 14 Congressional Republicans Jeb Bush Helped Last Cycle
Memorial Day: A Photo Essay
Posted at 5 a.m. on May 24
Roll Call has been privileged to document many funerals and special occasions on the grounds of Arlington Cemetery through the years. This has allowed our photographers to capture some of the most human and vulnerable moments in our nation’s history. In honor of of Memorial Day, we’re taking a look into our archives and sharing a moving photo essay by former Roll Call photographer Chris Maddaloni. Maddaloni completed a photo essay in 2010 of mementos left on the grounds at Arlington. It shows different and very personal way that families and friends mourn their loved ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to the country.
Most of the photos were not released to the public. Today we are proud to release the full essay in honor of those who served.