- Judge Dismisses McDaniel Challenge
- America's First Real Post-Cold War President
- Peters Keeps Lead in Michigan Senate Race
- Obama Hints He'll Delay Action in Immigration
- Baker Catches Coakley in New Poll
Here’s What the Washington Monument Looked Like in 1920
Posted at 1:50 p.m. on May 12
After repairing 150 cracks caused by the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that struck Washington in 2011, the Washington Monument has finally reopened to the general public. Roll Call decided to dig through the archives to see if we caught any history in our photographs through the years. From presidential inaugurations to protests, check out the Washington Monument’s front row seat to history, including a photo from 1920 courtesy of the Library of Congress.