- Reaction to the Republican Debate
- The GOP Presidential Debate
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
Posted at 5 a.m. on July 3, 2014
July Fourth is once again upon us and hoards of tourists and locals are expected to flock downtown Friday for the annual festivities, which include parades across the city, a daytime Nationals game, a concert on the West Front of the Capitol and — of course — fireworks.
In 1989, Roll Call photographer Maureen Keating was on duty, snapping shots of the fireworks lighting up the Washington skyline and of the spectators who turned out for the fun. Check out some of her best shots below: