- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Trump and Sanders Lead in New Hampshire
- Republicans Worry About Paul’s Seat in Kentucky
- Paul Ryan Stays on the Sidelines for Now
- Ellmers Addresses Rumors of Affair with McCarthy
By Tim Starks Posted at 5:14 p.m. on July 21, 2014
Alan Turing is renowned for his work during World War II, but he could hardly be a more relevant figure in the national security world today. He cracked the “Enigma” code and was a pivotal figure in cryptanalysis, a subject at the heart of the current debate over the National Security Agency. He is considered the father of artificial intelligence, in a time when the autonomy of computers and robots is a topic of ongoing debate. (He’s also relevant to modern discussions about social issues.)
Above is the first trailer for the film “Imitation Game,” about his life, starring Benedict Cumberbatch. It will open the BFI London Film Festival in October.
Five By Five covers the defense community in Washington.