- McConnell Would Remove Limits on Party Spending
- Venezuela Opposition Politician Gunned Down
- Trump Embraces Roughness at Rallies
- Obama May Defy Congress on Guantanamo
- Introducing: Political Wire Memberships
Posted at 10:01 a.m. on July 18, 2014
Another blog joins CQ Roll Call’s Policy Pulse roster: Energy Xtra, written by Randy Leonard, a longtime reporter on energy and environment issues. The blog will touch upon numerous topics of interest to Five by Five readers, especially where the two beats intersect on the energy supply and national security, like this post on former Joint Chiefs Chairman Mike Mullen’s assessment of the role shale oil plays in U.S. energy independence.