- Shaheen Barely Leads in New Hampshire
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Florida Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Minnesota GOP Bans Its Own Candidate
- Rand Paul on a Mission in Guatemala
Jon Stewart Skewers Iraq War Advocates for Skewering President Obama on Iraq
Posted at 12:26 p.m. on June 17, 2014
“The Daily Show” had a go Monday night at some of the advocates of the Iraq War who had erroneous understandings of the country and what war would bring and who are now criticizing President Barack Obama.
Ripping Sen. Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina Republican who talked before the war of “seeds of democracy” now saying Obama’s inaction is planting “seeds of 9/11,” Jon Stewart quipped: “They done swapped out our democracy seeds with the seeds of 9/11.” Graham isn’t the only lawmaker Stewart slams, with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., also taking a ribbing.