- Trump Embraces Roughness at Rallies
- Obama May Defy Congress on Guantanamo
- Introducing: Political Wire Memberships
- How to be the Crazy Uncle at Thanksgiving
- Trump Leads Nationally as Cruz Surges Into Second
Posted at 2:25 p.m. on June 27, 2014
Updated 3:58 p.m. | The D.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner removed a body from Lower Senate Park on Friday afternoon, following an investigation by Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department.
Capitol Police received a report of an unconscious man in the park at about 12:15 p.m., according to department spokeswoman Lt. Kimberly Schneider.
Police cordoned off the northern third of the park with crime scene tape and closed Delaware Avenue between Massachusetts Avenue and C Street in Northeast D.C.
ABC7 news reports the victim was a homeless man who may have died as a result of exposure to elements. Temperatures were in the mid-80s.
Niels Lesniewski contributed to this report.