- Forecast Shows Democrats Outperforming Expectations
- Does Obama Have a Foreign Policy?
- Even Brownback's Poll Shows a Toss Up
- McConnell Pledges No Government Shutdown
- Schauer Pulls Ahead in Michigan
Quick Retort for Office Chatter
Posted at 11 a.m. on May 30, 2013
Sometimes the answers really are that simple. Take this quandary on a comeback for an office chatterbox:
Q. I work in a small office, like most people on the Hill and I have little privacy. But how to you kindly tell a colleague that you are busy and that they should come back later? It bothers me that people just think you want to always talk.
A. “Hang on just a moment.” You are under no obligation to define how long a “moment” entails.