- Hagan Still Up in North Carolina
- Extra Bonus Quote of the Day
- Pataki Again Flirts With White House Bid
- Do We Elect a Governor Who May End Up in Jail?
- Shaheen Leads by Double-Digits in New Hampshire
So You Had a Bad Day? Eric Cantor Staffer Edition
Posted at 11:58 a.m. on June 11
Hill Navigator has long extolled the circuitous fortunes of power in Washington, D.C. — sometimes you have it, sometimes you lose it.
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s primary loss Tuesday was a stunner, even for those who cover politics closely.
And while his political future may be in question, there are many staffers wondering what might come next. Hill Navigator has some advice for you — hang in there — it happens to the best of us. You, too, will be on the winning side of an election once more. In the meantime, here is a quick list of Hill Navigator’s recommended reading for a quick bounce back.
- Losing an election is rough, but it happens to us all. Keep your chin up and read the Loser’s Guide to the Job Hunt.
- If you hadn’t started networking before, now is a good time.
- Midterms are coming. There are opportunities. And if you do go on the campaign trail, keep it mind it is very different from your congressional office.
- An election loss means someone else’s gain. To all those celebrating, whatever the reasons may be, keep in mind that your dream job could also be short lived.
- When all is said and done, keep it classy. Even if this is your first job in politics, it probably isn’t your last.