- House Democrats Going Good Cop/Bad Cop Against GOP
- The Software That Draws the Political Landscape
- Tech Experts: Expect Innovation, Investment on Established Platforms for 2016
- More Democratic Losses Could Be on the Horizon
- Democrats' Window to Find Strong House Candidates Slowly Closing
The Young and the Intern-Seeking
Posted at 11:30 a.m. on June 17, 2013
Intern season has started, and already a debate as to the merits of paid vs. unpaid interns is under way. Today’s question is a bit more straightforward though:
Q. It is intern season! My office has a strict no-hooking-up-with-interns policy. But is it wrong to hook up with interns from other offices?
A. Hill Navigator doesn’t judge your dating life and I’ll make the assumption that everyone is a consenting adult of legal age. Assuming that, whatever you do on your private time should be confined to your private life.
The golden rule of dating on Capitol Hill is simple, no matter whether you’re dating an intern or a senator: Keep the details to yourself — your back office doesn’t need to know.